What drives us – Our Mission
Our goals are to empower and inspire everyone to maintain healthy and sustainable lifestyles. We aim to do this by offering high quality, affordable, healthy and environmentally friendly products and services that fit this mission.
We are happy to work with our customers – if you find out about something you think you would like to purchase but we don’t currently offer it, and you think it is suitable for this business, please let us know and we will endeavour to assist you.
What’s in a name?
The name “Between Father Sky and Mother Earth” comes from the name of a CD, of beautiful traditional Native American music. Native Americans, and other aboriginals, have tried to teach us that we can learn so much from the indidgenous cultures of the world. Unfortunately, not all such cultures have survived.
Mother Nature does and provides things for good reason. If we want to be healthy and we want the planet and all things on it to survive, we must learn the lessons provided by those who have come before us.
Who are we?
The business owner, Miriam, has a backgroud in finance (BBus Hons) with further studies and self-education in health, fitness and sustainablity (Vicfit, Trager, Permaculture Design Certificate, alternative health management techniques, food as medicine). Miriam is currently studying Nutrition and is considering studying (Human Rights, Environmental & Consumer) Law in the future.
Miriam developed disabilities due to a chronic medical condition over 20 years ago forcing her into early retirement. As a result, a home based business developed which is partly based around this and other websites.
Adrian, is a School Teacher and has also widely self-educated in the wellbeing and sustainability areas and is a qualified Permaculturalist (he has a Permaculture Design Certificate).
They reside in Melbourne’s south east. Their suburban half block is managed on permaculture principles with the sometimes help of their two young daughters and a sometimes helpful chooks.
Products & Services on offer:
We specialise in eco-conscious products & services.
Our webshop offers:
* Gift registry (automated function within this website);
* Coaching/consulting – food/diet, lifestyle issues, weight control, sustainability, Permaculture;
* Event management & support – make your event more eco-friendly without sacrificing the enjoyment;
* Education/courses/coaching – food/diet, lifestyle, weight control, Permaculture & sustainability;
* Personal shopping for small groups – see and experience a selection of products in the comfort of your home with a few friends/relatives;
* Pamper parties (all age groups) – don’t poison your body with the unhealthy chemicals used in many skin care, personal care, grooming and cosmetic products; learn how to look after your skin with simple routines and how to accentuate your features with mineral cosmetics; learn how to make your own products; (we can arrange Massage – by Michelle Flintoft – general, therapeutic, pregnancy, sports, baby);
*Bridal Parties, Baby showers;
* Vegan & Kosher Chocolate Club;
* Mineral Makeup;
* Fundraising/Promotion – help others be healthier and more eco-friendly while raising funds for your non-profit community group, school (break the cycle of kids selling junk food to raise money for schools and other groups), business, event.
While every effort has been made to ensure that the information included on this web site is accurate the author cannot make any guarantees nor can they assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information or product or process disclosed, or for any damage incurred directly or indirectly from the information contained in these pages.